West Point - Steps to Admission Checklist
Page 1 of 6
WEST POINT - STEPS TO ADMISSION CHECKLIST
“YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION”
1. In a timely manner respond to all emails and letters from West Point or the Field
Force, even if only to acknowledge receipt.
2. Extend the proper courtesies: Call people who are more senior to you “Sir” or
“Ma’am”, “Mr.” or “Mrs.”, “Major” or “Colonel”, etc., especially in formal settings,
or in the presence of other senior people.
3. Dress properly and conservatively for events.
4. Don’t chew gum.
5. Always present yourself and act as if you are being evaluated (because you are).
6. Follow instructions to the letter.
7. Try to figure it out yourself before asking someone else to figure it out for you.
8. To distinguish yourself from the pack, get out front early, and stay there!
JUNIOR YEAR - BEFORE SUMMER BREAK
Read the West Point Prospectus. http://admissions.usma.edu/Prospectus/
Visit schools you are interested in attending
Apply online: Complete the West Point Candidate Questionnaire.
View the complete “Surviving West Point” video series. It is often available through
your local library
Arrange for your school to send your first six semester transcripts to West Point
Arrange with English, math and laboratory science teachers to complete the School
Officials Evaluation (SOE) forms in September. Arrange for a coach or PE teacher to
administer the Candidate Fitness Assessment (CFA) in August or early September.
Exchange contact information with your local Field Force representative.
Take, and if necessary retake, the SAT and/or the ACT. The higher your test scores,
the more academically competitive you will be.
West Point - Steps to Admission Checklist PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
1 Page(s) | 3574 Views | 289 Downloads
8 Page(s) | 2572 Views | 13 Downloads
4 Page(s) | 1737 Views | 14 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 998 Views | 16 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 945 Views | 29 Downloads