Statement of Work Guide
Objectives are well-defined statements of the results to be achieved in order for the overall
mission of the work to be accomplished. In other words, work objectives are the
quantifiable criteria that must be met for the work to be considered successful. This section
must communicate a concise description of work objectives and how those objectives
The following acronym can be used to remember the essentials that characterize a
statement of objectives. A work objective must be SMART:
Following are examples of contract objectives:
1. The objective of this study is to obtain information defining the relationship between parameters
X, Y, and Z.
2. The objective is to develop and implement a cost-effective project control system that would track
and measure the performance of projects with respect to their schedule and budget, by December
3. The objective of this work is to develop training materials in the area of Managing Teams and to
train supervisory personnel by December 30, 2001.
4. The objective of this contract is to procure 120 10-mile-range radio units for use in government
5. The purpose of this work is to develop, mail, analyze, and interpret the results from a
questionnaire/survey to 10,000 residences to measure the residents’ perception regarding the
quality of the water in the city of Palatka.
6. The objective of this work is to undertake a feasibility study to determine the technical and
economical feasibility of a 4-day workweek by December 31, 2001.
Statement of Work Guide PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
1 Page(s) | 640 Views | 5 Downloads
5 Page(s) | 2825 Views | 22 Downloads
2 Page(s) | 910 Views | 10 Downloads
11 Page(s) | 2334 Views | 4 Downloads
3 Page(s) | 1441 Views | 14 Downloads