Standard Cooking Instructions for Canadian Beef Cuts—Developed by BIC—updated October 2007
Other Beef Cuts (cont.)
Beef Marinating Cubes/Strips
1. Combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) marinade (such as teriyaki sauce or salad
dressing) PLUS 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch in sealable freezer bag.
2. Add 1 lb (500 g) beef cubes/strips and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. For cubes, discard marinade and thread onto skewers. Grill or broil 4
to 5 minutes per side or until browned, but pink inside. For strips,
reserve marinade; cook strips over medium-high heat in hot lightly oiled
non-stick skillet for about 2 minutes, turning once, until browned but
pink inside. Remove from skillet; add stir-fry vegetables and cook 5
minutes. Add reserved marinade and beef; heat until sauce bubbles
• Hanging Tender
1. Broil 5 inches (12 cm) from hot element for 10 minutes per side until
digital rapid-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of meat
reads at least 160°F (71°C). London Broil is completely cooked at
160°F (71°C), regardless of colour.
2. Serve with steak sauce if desired.
• Flank Stea k rolled with
Seasoned Ground Beef
1. Spread thin layer of your favourite filling/seasonings (such as seasoned
bread crumbs and pan-fried mushrooms) over each piece of beef.
2. Roll each piece from short end; secure with butcher’s twine, picks or
3. Broil, turning several times, for 7 to 8 minutes until browned all over
and digital rapid-read thermometer inserted into centre of each
rouladen reads at least 160°F (71°C). Serve whole or cut each piece
into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices.
• Inside Round for