The positions assigned in the Temporary Staffing Strategy are based on ABAG's organization
structure as of November 2004. In the event this plan is implemented and assigned positions are
vacant or no longer available, the Board Chair shall select other senior staff to support each of the
key executive director functions.
4. Succession plan in the event of a temporary, planned or unplanned absence - Short-Term
• A temporary absence is one in which it is expected that the Executive Director will
return once the events precipitating the absence are resolved.
• An unplanned absence is one that arises unexpectedly, in contrast to a planned leave
such as vacation or a sabbatical.
• A temporary absence is 30 days or less.
• A temporary short-term absence is between 30 and 90 days.
b. Temporary Staffing Strategy
• For temporary planned or unplanned absences of 30 or fewer days, the Temporary
Staffing Strategy described above may become effective.
• In the event of a temporary short-term planned or unplanned absence, the Executive
Committee shall determine if the Temporary Staffing Strategy is sufficient for this
period of time.
c. Appointing an Acting Executive Director
• Based on the anticipated duration of the absence, the anticipated return date, and
accessibility of the current executive director, the Executive Committee may appoint