Sample Resume Cover Letter
Career Services Center
261 Schwartz Center
The attached resume and letter samples are provided to assist you with ideas for layout
and content for creating your own, one of a kind resume and cover letter.
CHRONOLOGICAL RESUMES (Pages 2 – 19)
Page 2-10 Miscellaneous layout/content samples
Page 11-13 Vitae
Page 14 Veteran
Page 15 Student employment
Page 16-17 International student
Page 18 Athlete
Page 19 International experience
FUNCTIONAL RESUME (Page 20)
A functional resume is beneficial when:
• much of your work has been volunteer, free-lance, consulting, or temporary
• you have a variety of different, relatively disconnected work experiences
• career growth has been stagnant or there has been an extended absence
• making a career change and you want to emphasize skills not recently utilized
• you are a mature professional with extensive expertise and many work experiences
A functional resume is NOT beneficial when:
• a career growth pattern is able to be demonstrated
• listing specific employers is important, as in highly traditional fields
• a limited number of functions have been performed
• recent employers are highly prestigious
REFERENCE PAGE (Page 21)
View a sample format for providing names of references with your resume.
COVER LETTERS (Pages 22 – 26)
Don’t feel like you need to reinvent the wheel.
Gain inspiration from a few examples in order to develop your own cover letters.
For more help, visit www.kent.edu/career or Career Services, 261 Schwartz Center. 8/26 /13
Resumes & Cover Letters
Sample Resume Cover Letter PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
7 Page(s) | 2379 Views | 14 Downloads
11 Page(s) | 2465 Views | 2 Downloads
7 Page(s) | 2526 Views | 3 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 819 Views | 10 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 551 Views | 4 Downloads