Sample Project Charter Tempate
Project Charter (Version ___4___) Date: __5/19/2011_______
Project Name: Write out the entire, specific name.
Groundw ater Content Enhancement in C alifornia Water Pla n Update 2013.
Sponsor/Program Manager Paul Massera
Project Manager Abdul Khan
Project Objective Statement: What must the project do? By When? Keep this statement to 25 words or less. Make it SMART
(Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-based).
Expand information about statewi de and region al groundwater co nditions in Californ ia Water Plan Update 2013 to better
inform groundwater management actions and policies.
Triple Constraint Trade-off
Select a different flexibility letter for each constraint
N= Not Flexible
S= Somewhat Flexible
M= Most Flexible
Estimated Start Date: 7/1/2010 Estimated End Date: 9/30/2013
1BProject Deliverables: What is the project going to produce? Create a list of tangible products that will result from project.
1. Compile, organize, and integrate Californi a’s groundwater data, inform ation, and analysis from existing State, feder al,
regional, a nd local water resource planni ng activities.
2. Using exist ing informati on, prov ide summary narr ativ es on the groundwater conditions, institutional frameworks, and
management activities at the statewide and Re gional Report level. Based on available d ata and inf ormation, furnish
site spec ific examples of gr oundwater conditions and management activities at the planning area/groundwater basin
level, incl uding the identification of ground water basins hav ing quantity or quality pr oblems.
3. Identify data gaps for the State’s groundwater basins and provide recommendations for future data collection efforts,
including funds required t o implement existi ng unfunded data coll ection and reporting mandates.
4. Quantify, qualify, and re port the spring-to-spring c hange in g r oundwater storage at the plannin g area or groundwater
basin s c ale. Qua lification of the change in storage information will be made on the ba sis of availability of data.
5. Case Studies: In groundwater basin s having sufficient dat a and a nalysis, pr esent Case Stud ies inclu ding
groundwater budget from various regions of the state that demonstrate the benefits, as w ell as the challenges and
opport unities, ass ociated with the collection and application of grou ndwater data, and the integration of loc al and
regional water mana gement strategies . Case Studies are intended to highlight the successes and chal lenges of
applying i nte grated water resource management str ate gies within various regions of the state.
6. Inventory and des cribe the p otential for conjunctive ma nagement of groundw ater and other supplies, including the
examination of potential groundwater recharge options, and the potential for developing multi-benefit projects that
could he lp gen erate source water for groundwater storage projects.
7. Inventory and describe potential for grou ndwater bankin g and integrat ed flood management. The i nventory will be at
the planning area/groundwat er bas in scale, and based on a v ailabi lity of existin g studies and data.
8. Develo p preliminary sustainability i ndicators for both groundwater quantity and quality.
Strategic Fit: What is the Strategic Initiative Identifier for this project?
Supports Water Supply and Balance Team of the Water Plan Update in their work.
Supports California’s Groundwater (Bulletin 118).
Supports resource ma nageme nt strategies s uch as co njuncti ve management an d groun dwater storage; groundwater
and aquifer remediation; recharge areas protectio n; flood risk ma nagement; and po llution preve ntion at the regional
Develops and supports rec ommendations of the Water Plan Update.
Provides li nkages to re gional r eports of the Water Plan Upda te.
Sample Project Charter Tempate PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
18 Page(s) | 3905 Views | 13 Downloads
11 Page(s) | 2169 Views | 3 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 1626 Views | 98 Downloads
3 Page(s) | 1265 Views | 32 Downloads
13 Page(s) | 5343 Views | 102 Downloads