Sample Cover Letter Format
Cover Letter Format
Your contact details
Ms M. Employer
Name of organisation
Dear Ms Employer (always try to get a name)
(Position Title and Reference No. if applicable)
1. Nominate the job for which you are applying. Indicate the source and the date of the
published job information. Provide details of any contact you have had with the
organisation, mentioning a name if appropriate.
2. Introduce yourself in some way eg ‘I am a final year student at………’ and say why you want
the position. You need to convey strong motivation for the particular role and the particular
organisation. Try to link this with your career plans or direction. At the same time, this
demonstrates that you have a strong understanding of the organisation.
3. Over the next one or two paragraphs, indicate why you are a strong candidate for the job –
that is, how you meet the selection criteria. Don’t try and cover every element. Focus on
some key criteria (and also your own understanding of what would appeal to this employer –
sometimes obvious aspects are not mentioned in selection criteria) and refer to your
qualifications, experiences and achievements to support your claims.
Option – some applicants use dot points in this section.
4. Try to include something which makes you stand out eg a particular skill or quality, or aspect
of your work, life or extra-curricular experience which is distinctive and relevant to the
5. Express your appreciation for consideration of your application and your availability for
A. N. Applicant
Sample Cover Letter Format PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
1 Page(s) | 3422 Views | 40 Downloads
2 Page(s) | 2096 Views | 23 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 1220 Views | 22 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 720 Views | 12 Downloads
8 Page(s) | 2349 Views | 6 Downloads