Interview and Resume Workshop for Teachers
Portland Public Schools
Resume Example #1:
Passionate, dedicated educator seeking a position teaching elementary education in a
Dually certified to t each regular and special education.
SUMMARY OF QUALIF ICATI ONS
• Five years of experience teaching regular and special education, grades K-6 in
a private school.
• Masters degree in Elementary Education with a concentration in Information
• Extensive experience on school improvement committees and after-school
activities / programs.
School District, Portland, OR Date - Present
Teacher - First and Second Grades
• Teach first and second grade special education students in a self-contained
15:1:1 classroom setting.
• Maintain excellent classroom management skills and an ability to keep
students on task.
• Use behavior modification techniques as a motivator for improving conduct
and encouraging participation.
• Integrate multiple t e achin g styles to in tensify the rang e of learning .
• Supervise stimulating math learning centers utilizing various man ipulat iv e.
• Teach guided reading lessons to model questioning, clarification, and problem
• Assist with the formulation of Individual Education Programs, and generate
quarterly report cards.
• Evaluate student progress and support recommendations for further student
• Attend and participat e in Special Education Staff Conferences and CSE Annual