Puppy Sales Contract
1. The Buyer shall provide the dog with adequate food, fresh water at all times,
shelter, affection, love, and medical care, including all necessary
immunizations, parasite control, and medication recommended by Buyer’s
2. The Buyer shall provide the dog with veterinary care upon sickness, disease,
or injury, and shall take it to a veterinarian at least once a year for an annual
health examination and routine vaccinations.
3. The Buyer shall provide the dog with humane care and maintain it in
accordance with all current and future state, county, and municipal laws and
ordinances where the Buyer resides.
4. The Buyer shall provide the dog with a fully fenced yard or other humane
means of exercise. The dog shall not be kept constantly chained or constantly
5. The Buyer shall keep the dog as a household pet and shall never use it for
6. The Buyer shall provide a collar and identification tag for the dog to wear at
all times when allowed to go outdoors.
7. The dog shall reside at the Buyer's address.
8. If the dog cannot be kept by the Buyer, the Buyer shall notify the Breeder
immediately. The dog shall not be sold, transferred, or given to any individual
or to any retail or wholesale establishment for the purpose of sale or resale to
the public, nor to any research institution where medical experimentation or
other practices take place.
9. The Buyer agrees to take the puppy to a veterinarian within three (3) days of
the date of purchase for a physical examination to determine the health of the
10. The Buyer agrees to have the puppy spayed or neutered prior to the age of six
11. No guarantee or warranty of the puppy’s health is implicitly or explicitly
covered except as described in a Puppy Health Guarantee issued and signed
by the Breeder.
12. If the desired puppy is under the age of 30 days, Buyer will pay a deposit of
$200 toward the total purchase price of $800.00. Only in the event of the
death of the puppy or the Breeder’s dissatisfaction with the health of the
puppy prior to the transfer of physical custody of the puppy to the Buyer shall
the deposit be refunded. The remaining $600.00 is due when the puppy is 30
13. The Buyer shall pay a total purchase price of $800.00, as well as all shipping
charges and related expenses with regard to the delivery of the puppy to the
Buyer. The purchase price will be paid in full prior to delivery of the puppy.
14. The Buyer agrees that the Breeder is in no way liable or responsible for any
damage, accident, or injury resulting from the dog.
15. The Buyer shall have 28 days from the date of delivery or pick up to return the
dog to the Breeder at Buyer’s expense. The Breeder will remarket the dog