Cindy Leone @ Meck Bar CLE 10/10/13
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
COUNTY OF MECKLENBURG PREMARITAL AGREEMENT
This PREMARITAL AGREEMENT is made this ____ day of _________,
200__, by and between _____, a resident of _____ County, North Carolina (hereinafter
"____"), and _____, a resident of _____ County, North Carolina (hereinafter "____").
1. _____ and _____ contemplate marriage to each other within a reasonable
period after the date of this Agreement, specifically during the month of _______,
2. The parties have reflected on their marriage and have engaged in lengthy
discussions about it.
3. Each expects that each party will abide by the terms of this Agreement
during the ongoing relationship to help insure a healthy marriage.
4. Neither contemplates that the impending marriage will fail, and neither
intends for this Agreement to facilitate a divorce. Nevertheless, the parties agree in this
writing in advance of their marriage to certain matters and further agree that these
provisions will bind them, regardless of the success or failure of their marriage.
5. _____ and _____ both and have children of a former marriage to whom
each party wishes to leave a portion of her or his estate upon death. Each party agrees
that it is just and fair that the children of the other party should participate in the estate of
the other party as though this marriage had not taken place.
6. Except as specifically agreed herein and provided for herein, each of the
parties has assets and earnings, or earnings potential, sufficient to provide for her or his
own maintenance and support in a proper and acceptable standard of living without the
necessity of financial contributions by the other, and each of the parties is aware of the
hazards and the risks of the continuation of earnings and of the changes in assets and
liabilities of each party and of the possibility of the substantially changed financial
circumstances of each party with the result that the earnings, or net worth, or both, of one
party is or may be substantially different from those of the other party.
7. Each has made an adequate disclosure of all relevant financial information
to the other of her or his financial worth, assets, liabilities, and income, as attached to this