NOTICE: If you are married to a non-Indian, please be advised that pursuant to Divorce, Chapter B, Article 2, a
non-Indian must agree to this court’s jurisdiction, either by coming before the Judge or by filing a written notarized
response with the court. If you choose to file your case here and your spouse does not stipulate to the Court’s
jurisdiction, your case will be dismissed and you will forfeit your filing fee.
I have read and understood the foregoing Notice. ____________________________________
1. This form is being provided to you to file a PETITION FOR DIVORCE. The
Court Clerk’s Office is not allowed to advise you on the petition and should you
need further assistance in filling it out, you may want to seek the advice of an
attorney AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. This court DOES NOT HAVE a Legal
Aid Department to assist you.
2. Please type or print the information in ink.
3. You will need to submit a copy of your C.D.I.B. card.
4. The filing fee for this action is $25.00, if you are a Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma
tribal member. If you are a member of another federally recognized tribe the
filing fee is $50.00.
5. The payment must be paid in a form of a money order or cashier’s check made
payable to the “Kickapoo Tribal Court”. NO CASH OR PERSONAL
CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
6. Your spouse must be served with a copy of the Petition so you must provide a
complete address for the defendant, including the zip code. Without this
information, service cannot be obtained and can delay your action. Obtaining the
address is YOUR responsibility.
COURT CLERK’S OFFICE HOURS ARE: 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
(Open Monday through Friday; Closed Weekends and All Federal Holidays)
NO FILINGS ACCEPTED AFTER 4:30 P.M.