4A-102. Petition for dissolution of marriage (without children).
STATE OF NEW MEXICO
COUNTY OF _______________________
_______________ JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT
v. No. __________
PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
Petitioner, ____________________, asks this Court for a Final Decree of Dissolution of
Marriage, and states:
1. The parties, or at least one party, is a resident of _______________ County, State of
2. At least one party has resided in the state of New Mexico for at least six (6) months
immediately preceding the filing of this Petition and has domicile in New Mexico as
defined by Section 40-4-5 NMSA 1978.
3. The parties were married on ______________________ (date) in
__________________ (city), ____________________ (state), and have remained
spouses since that date.
4. A state of incompatibility and irreconcilable differences exists and the parties are not
likely to reconcile.
5. The parties do not have any children and none are expected.
6. Any sole and separate property or debts of the parties should be confirmed by the
7. Any community property of the parties should be equitably divided.
8. Any community debts of the parties should be equitably divided.
9. CIRCLE ONE: My spouse [is] [is not] a member of the military.
10. OPTIONAL (Cross out if this does not apply to you): Petitioner is in need of spousal
support (alimony) to be paid to him/her by Respondent, who has the ability to pay
11. OPTIONAL (Cross out if this does not apply to you): Petitioner wishes to be restored
to his/her former name, _____________________.
Petitioner asks that the Court:
A. Enter a Final Decree of Dissolution of Marriage on the grounds of
B. Confirm any separate property and separate debts of the parties;
C. Equitably divide any community property and community debt of the parties;
D. Order Respondent to pay spousal support (cross out if this does not apply);