Notification of Change of Ownership - Western Australia
1. If you are selling a licensed vehicle to another owner you are required to complete this form and forward the Seller’s Copy (the green copy) to Driver
and Vehicle Services (DVS), GPO Box R1290, Perth WA 6844 within 7 days of the sale or a $100 infringement may be issued.
2. Make sure that all relevant details are completed on the form. Both you and the purchaser are required to complete and sign the form.
3. You are required to forward or hand the Purchaser’s Copy (the red copy) together with the current licence papers to the purchaser.
4. OncetheNoticationofChangeofOwnershipformhasbeenlodged,DVSwillinvoicethePurchaserforthevehicle licence duty and transfer fee.
signed by both parties.
6. The onus is on the purchaser to ensure that an approved immobiliser is installed. If an approved immobiliser is installed, please supply to the
purchaser any information about the immobiliser as a courtesy.
7. If you are disposing of a vehicle that is licensed at concession rates, you should advise the new owner of the concession and possible charges.
What the seller has to do
Driver and Vehicle Services
GPO Box R1290
Perth WA 6844
Telephone: 13 11 56
Facsimile: 1300 669 995
The information you supply on this form may be disclosed to other government agencies where provided for in legislation. The Chief Executive Officer
of the Department of Transport also releases aggregated statistical information to third parties. However, your personal identifying information will not be
released to these persons without your explicit consent.
Denitions - Dutiable Value
The term “dutiable value” is defined by Division 5 of the Duties Act 2008. The following interpretation is provided as a guide only.
For a new ve hic le (whi ch inc lud es a de mons trat ion m ode l that h as bee n used f or th at pur pos e for no t mor e than 2 m onth s) t hat is a m otor c ar, m otor wag on
or m ot o r c ycle, t h e l i s t p rice (see de fin i tio n bel ow), plu s t h e p ri ce fixe d by t h e m a n u f a ctur e r, i m porter or pr i ncip le dis t rib u t o r a s t h e a d d i tio n a l r etai l s e l l i n g p ri ce
in Western Australia for a particular type of transmission fitted to the vehicle. (For example, the set fee to upgrade a manual transmission to automatic).
In relation to used vehicles - the amount for which the vehicle might reasonably be sold, free of encumbrance, in the open market. Where the dutiable value or
purchase price of a vehicle has been incorrectly stated the matter will be referred to the Office of State Revenue for investigation and possible prosecution .
List Price means the price that has been fixed by the manufacturer , importer or principle distributor as the retail selling price of that vehicle in Western Australia.
NOTE: Vehicles which are transferred for no monetary gain need to have an amount provided for which the vehicle might reasonably be sold, free of
encumbrances in the open market. i.e. its dutiable value.
Garaging Address (base of operation):
In accordance with section 5(3)(d) of the Road Traffic (Vehicles) Act 2012, vehicles cannot be licensed in Western Australia if they are garaged in another state.
You may be required to produce documentary proof of this.
Notification of Change of Ownership - Western Australia PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
2 Page(s) | 2025 Views | 25 Downloads
Affidavit in Support of a Claim for Exemption from Sales or Use Tax for a Motor Vehicle Transferred Within a Family
1 Page(s) | 762 Views | 4 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 901 Views | 12 Downloads
2 Page(s) | 1626 Views | 16 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 965 Views | 9 Downloads