Notification of Change of Ownership - Western Australia
Government of Western Australia
Department of Transport
Driver and Vehicle Services
An easier way to transfer
What the seller has to do
1. If you are transferring a licensed vehicle to another owner you are required to complete this form and forward
the Seller’s Copy (the green copy) to:
Driver and Vehicle Services
GPO Box R1290
Perth, WA 6844
within 7 days of the sale. If you do not, you may incur a $100 infringement and be liable for any fines/infringements lodged against
2. Make sure all relevant details are completed on the form. Both you and the purchaser are required to complete and sign the form.
3. You are required to forward or hand the Purchaser’s Copy (the red copy) together with the current vehicle licence papers to the
4. If you have a special or personalised plates fitted to your vehicle and wish to retain them, you must exchange the plates at a
Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) centre or regional agent before completing the sale of the vehicle.
5. If the vehicle is fitted with optional plates and you intend to sell them with the vehicle, a ‘Transfer of Right to Display Optional
Plates’ (MR176) form must be signed by both parties. Failure to complete the prescribed form within 28 days will render you liable
for prosecution, as it is your responsibility as the holder of a Right to Display optional plates to transfer the Right to Display these
plates where there has been a change in ownership of the vehicle to which the plates are attached.
Note: It is unlawful to display optional plates on a vehicle without approval from the Director General
6. The onus is on the purchaser to ensure an approved immobiliser is installed. If an approved immobiliser is installed, please supply
to the purchaser any information about the immobiliser as a courtesy.
7. If you are disposing of a vehicle that is licensed at concession rates, you should advise the new owner of the concession and
possible charges to be incurred.
What the purchaser has to do
1. After the Notification of Change of Ownership form has been lodged with DVS, you will receive an invoice for the vehicle licence
duty and transfer fee and any upgrade of licence fee.
2. The purchaser must submit the Purchaser’s Copy (red copy) to DVS within 14 days of purchasing the vehicle. If you do not,
you may incur a $100 infringement.
3. As the purchaser, you must pay the vehicle licence duty and transfer fee within 28 days of the invoice being issued or a penalty of
$100 may apply.
4. If you purchase a vehicle that is licensed at concession rates and you are not eligible for the concession, the vehicle licence must
be restored to full rates prior to using the vehicle. Until the vehicle licence has been restored to full rates the vehicle licence will
be deemed invalid. The continued use of the vehicle will be in contravention of the Road Traffic (Vehicles) Act 2012.
5. If you purchase a vehicle with optional plates and you intend to keep them, you must complete a ‘Transfer of Right to Display
Optional Plates’ (MR176) form. The vendor (seller) of the Right to Display optional plates and you the purchaser of the Right to
Display these plates must sign the form and return it to a DVS centre or regional agent along with the vehicle transfer form.
A Plate transfer fee is applicable. If you are unable to provide a signed copy of the ‘Transfer of Right to Display Optional Plates’
form (MR176), then the plates must be returned to your nearest DVS centre or regional agent.
Note: It is unlawful to display optional plates on a vehicle without a Right to Display and Trade certificate being granted
by the Chief Executive Officer.
6. Your Transport invoice can be paid;
•byBPAY - Contact your bank or financial institution for further information
•online at www.transport.wa.gov.au/dvs (Visa and MasterCard only); or
•byphone 1300 655 322 (Visa or MasterCard); or
•bymail (GPO Box R1290, Perth, 6844); or
•inperson at any metropolitan Post Office, participating country Post Office, regional agent or a DVS Centre (cash, cheque,
EFTPOS*, VISA* or MasterCard*).
*Not available at some DVS agents.
The information you supply on this form may be disclosed to other government agencies where provided for in legislation.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Transport also releases aggregated statistical information to third parties.
However, your p
ersonal identifying information will not be released to these persons without your explicit consent.
SELLERS AND PURCHASERS SHOULD READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
ON ‘PROOF OF IDENTITY AND AGE’ AND IMMOBILISERS OVERLEAF
WARNING: Restrictions on vehicle transfers
The re may be s anc ti ons ap pli ed by th e Dep artment of t he At to r ney Ge ner al in re sp ec t of unpa id f i nes t hat pr event the gr ant, re newal
or transfer of a vehicle licence. Until such time the sanction has been removed, the vehicle is considered unlicensed and continued use of
the vehicle will be in contravention of the Road Traffic (Vehicles) Act 2012.
Before considering the sale or purchase of a vehicle, the vehicle licence status may be checked at www .transport.wa.gov.au.
Vehi cle ow ne rs that m i ght h ave outstandi n g infr in g em e nt not i ces o r cou rt f in e s m ay c o nt act the Fi ne s Enfo r cem ent Re gi st ry on
1300 650 235 to enquire if their unpaid fines have led to a suspension of the vehicle licence.
Notication of Change of Ownership
Vehicle Licence Transfer
Notification of Change of Ownership - Western Australia PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
2 Page(s) | 2025 Views | 25 Downloads
Affidavit in Support of a Claim for Exemption from Sales or Use Tax for a Motor Vehicle Transferred Within a Family
1 Page(s) | 762 Views | 4 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 901 Views | 12 Downloads
2 Page(s) | 1626 Views | 16 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 965 Views | 9 Downloads