Volunteer Police Cadet Application Form
Section 1 Instructions to Candidate
Important – Applicants And Parents/Guardians Plea se Read And Note the Follo wing Before Completing This Form:
1. The details included in this form will be used to process the application. Please note there is a separate vetting
form, which must also be completed and returned electronically to the borough VPC Coordin ator.
2. The application to join the Ca dets may be rejected and the Metropolitan Police are under no obligation to give
reasons for this.
3. Any false, misleading or deliberate attempt to withhold information in this application form will in itself lead to a
refusal of entry to the Volunteer Police Cadets.
4. If accepted into the Volunteer Police Cadets the applicant must inform their local Cadet Coordinator of any
subseque nt interaction/involvement with police whether as a witness, victim, suspect or subject to stop/search,
stop/account. Failure to do so may jeopardise their position as a Cadet.
5. Acceptance into the Volunteer Police Cadets does not guarantee future entry to any other part of the pol icing
family either as a paid em ployee or volunteer. All Cadets who wi sh to pursue a career in the police or volunteer will
be subject to the appli catio n and vetting procedures for that role.
6. Please read very carefully the information you have been given about the Volunteer Poli ce Cadets or look at our
website at www.met.police.uk/cadets . This will inform you of the type of activities you will be involved in. You and
your parent s/guardians will have to com plete a comprehensive health & permission form before you partake in
7. Please now proceed to Section 2. If you require any advice in completing this form, please contact the local
Cadet Coordi nator. When complete, please return this form to the Cadet Coordinator.
Applicant’s Full Name
Borough applying to
Borough Cadet Coordinato r