In the matter of the tenancy of the residential premises known as:
And in the matter of the tenant(s) known as:
1. I/We _________________________ (the Guarantor) of the city of _______________ do
herewith guarantee the rental payments for _________________ (the Tenants) for the
premises described as _______________________, Toronto, ON (the premises). This
guarantee shall survive the expiration of any tenancy agreement entered into between the
Landlord and the Tenants and shall continue in full force and effect during any over
holding period. The greater certainty, in the event that the Tenants are or become
monthly Tenants, the Guarantor hereby irrevocably covenants and agrees to guarantee
the rental payments of the Tenants for as long as they are occupying the premises.
2. In the event that the Tenants fail to pay rent in accordance with the tenancy agreement
whether written, oral, or implied and Notice of Termination for nonpayment of rent has
been issued, the Guarantor hereby covenants and agrees to pay any and all
disbursements including any fee paid by the Landlord pursuant to the collection of the
arrears of rent.
3. The Guarantor hereby covenants and agrees to guarantee the payment of any damage
caused by the Tenants or their guests either wilfully or negligently.
4. In the event that the Tenants fail to rectify the damage caused or fail to pay for the
damages, the Guarantor hereby covenants and agrees to pay the Landlord directly for the
5. The Guarantor hereby covenants and agrees to complete that portion of the Landlord
application for tenancy which relates to the Guarantor and hereby covenants and agrees
to update same on an annual basis on the form prescribed by the Landlord.
6. In the event that legal proceedings are commenced against the Tenants herein, the
Guarantor hereby covenants and agrees that all processes and documents to be served
upon myself by the Landlord shall be deemed to be served by the Landlord by serving
same to the Tenants and it shall be the responsibility of the Tenants to ensure that the
said documents are forwarded to the Guarantor. The Guarantor further saves and holds
the Landlord harmless in the event that the Tenants of the premises do not forward or
otherwise notify the Guarantor of the service of any such documents.