GENERAL CONTRACT FOR SERVICES EXAMPLE
This Contract for Services (this "Contract") is made effective as of DATE, by and between “Company
Name” and M.S. Design. In this Contract, the party who is contracting to receive services will be referred
to as ““Company Name”," and the party who will be providing the services will b e referred to as "M.S.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Beginning on upon agreement to this contract, M.S. Design will
provide to “Company Name” the following services (collectively, the "Services"):
Description of project
M.S. Design will offer half hour out of every month for update, help or anything else “Company
Name” needs. Any time after the M.S. Design will charge for their time. Web hosting is provided
by Invent Horizon at 35 Dollars a month
2. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. In exchange for the Services “Company Name” will pay M.S. Design
according to the following schedule:
Non Refundable Down Payment. Remainder of amount upon completion of Design. Estimated site
cost of Project. Actual cost may vary depending on changes made to the design of this site.
3. TERM. This Contract will terminate automatically upon completion by M.S. Design of the Services
required by this Contract.
4. WORK PRODUCT OWNERSHIP. Any copyrightable works, ideas, discoveries, inventions, patents,
products, or other information (collectively the "Work Product") developed in whole or in part by M.S.
Design in connection with the Services will be the exclusive property of “Company Name”. Upon request,
M.S. Design will execute all documents necessary to confirm or perfect the exclusive ownership of
“Company Name” the Work Product. M.S. Design reserves the right to use the finished public product as
examples of product.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY. M.S. Design, and its employees, agents, or representatives will not at any time
or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for the personal benefit of M.S. Design, or divulge,
disclose, or communicate in any manner, any information that is proprietary to Heather Bell that does not
appear on the public website. M.S. Design and its employees, agents, and representatives will protect such
information and treat it as strictly confidential. This provision will continue to be effective after the
termination of this Contract.
6. WARRANTY. M.S. Design shall provide its services and meet its obligations under this Contract in a
timely and workmanlike manner, using knowledge and recommendations for performing the services which
meet generally acceptable standards in M.S. Design’s community and region, and will provide a standard
of care equal to, or superior to, care used by service providers similar to M.S. Design on similar projects.
7. REMEDIES. In addition to any and all other rights a party may have available according to law, if a
party defaults by failing to substantially perform any provision, term or condition of this Contract
(including without limitation the failure to make a monetary payment when due), the other party may
terminate the Contract by providing written notice to the defaulting party. This notice shall describe with
sufficient detail the nature of the default. The party receiving such notice shall have 30 days from the
effective date of such notice to cure the default(s). Unless waived by a party providing notice, the failure to
cure the default(s) within such time period shall result in the automatic termination of this Contract.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Contract contains the entire agreement of the parties, and there are no
other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written concerning the subject matter
of this Contract. This Contract supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.