Functional*Resume*Sample.**The Functional format is appropriate if you have held
several similar jobs, gained skills in a nontraditional way, or are making a career change.
Highlights skills without linking them to a specific job.
Provided by UK’s James W. Stuckert Career Center
348 Somerset Road; Hayward, CA 94541
(510) 123-4567 or Linda.Mowry@email.com
OBJECTIVE: A position as Sales Coordinator, Representative or Account Executive.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Twelve years successful experience in direct sales of a range of products and services.
• Extensive practical hands-on experience as co-owner & manager of a small business.
• Motivated and enthusiastic about developing good relations with clients.
• Professional in appearance and presentation.
SALES & NEW ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
Increased a small publication's advertising revenue through market research and
Developed new distribution outlets for a special-interest magazine in Northern California
- Made cold calls and follow-up visits to retail outlets throughout the region.
- Organized detailed routebooks and financial recordkeeping.
- Successfully increased readership by more than 40 percent over a two-year period.
Served as vendor representative for Jana Imports:
- Coordinated product information and distribution for 75 field representatives and major
- Promoted giftware products at trade shows throughout the region.
- Handled face-to-face contacts with new and established customers.
Oversaw the production of advertising and its placement in major trade publications.
ADVERTISING, MARKETING, DISTRIBUTION
Organized and styled merchandise for effective presentation in a 20-page giftware
Kept accurate, current computer records of inventory, international suppliers, brokers,
Handled all aspects of order taking and processing, both at Bill's Dairy and Jana Imports.
2004-present Sales Coordinator Jana Imports, Oakland, CA
1998-2003 Distribution Coordinator Déjà vu Publishing, San Rafael, CA
1993-1998 Co-owner/Manager Bill’s Dairy, Livermore, OR
Bay City College, San Francisco, BA in Liberal Arts