Skills and Achievements
• Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of clients and colleagues, by showing interest, carefully
listening to needs and appropriately adjusting my message, as demonstrated during my time at Finsbury’s
• Strong presentation skills and confidence demonstrated by experience of delivering presentations in different
languages to groups of five to fifty.
• Ability to quickly build rapport with customers and calmly deal with any problems as shown during my retail
experience in high pressure environments.
• Capacity to maintain professional relationships through email and other written correspondence, for example,
at Audigest in Madrid, where I built longstanding business relationships with customers and colleagues across
• At Top Choice Holidays demonstrated excellent teamwork skills in a busy financial environment, such as an
ability to listen to clients and managers, perform my role to a high level and support colleagues, resulting in
• Excellent ability to plan ahead and manage time effectively, for example,
managing complex roles during my internship at Top Choice Holidays.
• Gathered data from a wide range of sources during my dissertation
whilst balancing my other studies and two jobs, resulting in a 73% grade.
Experience of travellers’ needs
• Recent travel consultancy experience gives me an in-depth understanding of the expectations of holiday
customers and the competitive nature of the industry.
• International travel experience and language ability give me an empathy with travellers and a passion for
helping them find a unique holiday experience.
• Self-funding an evening course in bookkeeping during my first accountancy role demonstrated my ability to
plan ahead and take control of my career.
• Successful study and work in Spain and Mexico show that I can creatively develop my skills and experience and
adapt to new and different environments.
• Wide experience of financial roles gives me an awareness of the tight monetary pressures which drive UK
Prove you have each of the
skills required by outlining
where you performed them
and how you performed
Make sure you carefully assess the job advert/job
description and address all the skills they require.
Example of a skills-based CV
3 Lappage Court Telephone: 01882 652349
Tyler Green, Bucks. Mobile: 07717 121824
HP8 4JD Email:
• Business studies with Spanish undergraduate.
• Ability to speak French and Spanish.
• Extensive business experience including an internship with Top Choice Holidays.