Annual Performance Appraisal 1
Dallas Human Resources Management
Employee: ______________________________ Division (circle): DHRMA Dallas HR HR SOUTHWEST
Review Period: ______________________ Position: __________________________________
Manager Name:______________________ Date: _____________________________________
Length of time you have supervised this Employee: __________________________________
This performance review is divided into four main areas. These include: Annual Goals,
Leadership Competencies, Goals for the Future and the Summary and Overall Rating. Before this evaluation
form is completed, feedback will be requested from business partners as appropriate.
• At the beginning of the review period, individual goals with specific success factors should be
developed that support the overall corporate goals.
• At the end of the review period, the success towards attainment of the goals is recorded.
• Each competency is designed to evaluate performance goals and standards.
• Rate each competency. Provide comments on individual performance.
• Select a rating from the Rating Scale that is supported by the comments.
Goals for the Future
• At the beginning of the review period, record major accountabilities and goals for the next review
• Future goals/objectives should be developed supporting the overall Corporate strategic plan.
• At the end of the review period, consideration should be given to transfer of future goal/objective to next
Summary and Overall Rating
• The Manager completes the summary section with an overview of the individual’s strengths and areas
• Select a rating from the Rating Scale that is supported by the individual ratings as well as the
5 = Superior Mastery over all essential skills and knowledge needed for the competency
4 = Excellent Demonstrates a high degree of expertise in all aspects of the competency
3 = Meets Expectations Performs the entire range of duties in a professional manner
2 = Needs Improvement Improvement is needed in performing essential duties satisfactorily
1 = Unacceptable Does not perform essential duties in a satisfactory manner