DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR FINANCES
1. This is an important legal document. By signing it, you are voluntarily
giving another individual broad powers to handle your property and finances.
2. Warning! Do not sign this document unless you fully understand the
consequences of having a durable power of attorney for finances.
3. There is no standard form for a durable power of attorney. If this form
does not reflect your wishes or suit your needs in any way, seek advice from a
4. In using this document, you must choose whether you want your agent to
have powers now, or only if you become unable to handle your finances.
5. This document does not.give your agent power to make medical decisions.
6. You can revoke this power of attorney by notifying your agent in writing.
1. Read over the following document carefully. If there is anything you do
not understand, you should ask a lawyer to explain it to you.
2. If the document suits your needs, complete the blanks on the form or
direct someone to do it for you. Make sure to initial one choice under "Effective
3. Sign the document or direct someone else to sign your name in your
presence, and have two witnesses sign.
4. If your agent will have power to deal with real estate, make sure a notary
public signs the document.
5. Keep the original document in a safe place, accessible to you and your
agent. You can make and use photostatic copies of the original.