Attachment #3 – QQ-01765
Detailed Scope of Work
Page 8 of 13
10. Shall have adequate ridge vents, soffit vents, and mechanical roof vents (powered), to allow for
proper air circulation and air exchange.
The frame erection and all connections shall be in complete accordance with the
Manufacturer’s drawings and specifications. It is the responsibility of the erector to replace or
repair any damaged connection per manufacturer’s or the engineer’s recommendation.
1. All connections shall be zinc coated steel with a zinc chromate finish except for anchor bolts and
exposed sheet metal screws. Exposed sheet metal screws shall be stainless steel.
2. All shop connections shall be by welding in accordance with the AWS “Standard Code for
Welding in Building Construction” the welders and the welder operators shall have been pre
qualified and certified as required in the code.
3. All field connections shall be bolted. The bolts shall be machine bolts conforming to latest ASTM
Specification A-307 for all secondary framing members, and ASTM Specification A-325 for
bearing frame end walls and for main frame connections and as shown on the drawings.
Primary Framing Members:
All framing members shall be shop fabricated for field assembly. The steel sections shall
conform to requirements of ASTM A36. All framing members shall carry an easily visible
identifying mark, stamped, stenciled or painted to facilitate erection.
1. All primary rigid frames shall be welded built-up “I” or hot rolled sections.
2. The columns and the rafters may be straight.
3. All base plate splice and flanges shall be shop fabricated to include bolt connection holes. Webs
shall be shop fabricated to include bracing holes.
4. The connections for purlins and girts shall be by means of welded clips. Refer to manufacturer’s
drawings for location.
5. The roof erection shall be in complete accordance with the manufacturer’s Erection Manual. Any
deviation from this manual that results in roof damage is the responsibility of the erector to
replace and/or repair the damage per manufacturer’s specification or engineer’s
1. A continuous member shall be provided to support and attach the base of the wall covering. The
base support shall be galvanized base channel attached to concrete floor with hooked anchor
bolts. Close all gaps between the base support and concrete with appropriate material to
prevent any air and water penetration.
2. The base support shall be minimum of 6” above the finished grade.
Secondary Framing Members:
1. Purlins and Girts shall be cold formed “Z” sections with stiffened flanges.
2. Diagonal bracing may be used in the roof, sidewalls and gable walls.
Roof and Wall Covering Materials:
1. All sidewall panel lengths shall be continuous from sill to eave line.
2. Extend the wall covering 2” beyond the base angle and provide base trim and flashing.
3. All end wall panels shall be beveled cut in the field by the erector.
4. The wall panels shall be pre-painted finish Galvalume steel panels 24 gauge, conforming to
5. The wall covering and color to match the existing “Art center’s” exterior wall covering or as
directed by the owner; Prior owner’s approval is required. The walls are not insulated unless