Attachment #3 – QQ-01765
Detailed Scope of Work
Page 7 of 13
1. Galvanized Structural Framing,
All structural framing members and all other steel accessories that are galvanized and
chemically treated for paint adherence and which are not factory color coated shall receive one
(1) coat of Galvanized Metal Primer conforming to Federal Specification TT-P-641b, Type II, or
equivalent, then painted with two (2) coats of Industrial Enamel within forty eight (48) hours
after the prime coat is applied.
2. Structural Framing Not Galvanized,
All structural framing members and miscellaneous steel accessories which are not galvanized
shall be cleaned to remove all dirt, grease, oil, and loose mill scale, given one (1) shop coat of
zinc chromate iron oxide primer conforming to Federal Specification TT-P-636b, and field
painted, prior to erection, with two (2) coats of Industrial Enamel approved by the District.
3. Exposed Galvanized Surfaces.
All roof and wall panels, flashing, trim, and other exposed galvanized steel surfaces shall be
factory color coated with a twenty (20) year guarantee.
4. Ventilators, Louvers and Doors,
Any required ventilators, louvers, and doors shall first receive one (1) coat of Galvanized Metal
Primer, then be factory color coated with two (2) coats of Industrial Enamel as manufactured by
Ditzler, DuPont, Pittsburgh Paints, or approved equal, within forty eight (48) hours after the
prime coat is applied.
5. Color and Paint Schedule,
All colors for all finish painted surfaces shall be per owner’s approval unless otherwise specified.
1. Building manufacturer shall provide manufacturer's standard material warranty in writing and
present to owner.
2. Metal building contractor shall provide a workmanship warranty for a minimum period of 20
years in writing and present to owner.
1. The building is a combination of Gable Symmetrical continuous frame building (roof ridge at the
center) and a mono-slope Gable frame building with straight roof rafters and straight columns
without center or intermediate supports.
2. The length of the overhang depends on the cost; required overhang between 2’ minimum
and 4’ maximum.
3. (Option A) Provide roof extension 19’ (17’ of roof and 2’ of overhang minimum.), as part of the
prefabricated steel building, over the Art Center storage area. Maintain the slope from the
interior support to the exterior wall.
(Option B) As a cost saving option, the Art Center storage area may be designed as part of the
steel framed building with an interior support system to be provided on the wall between the Art
Center Storage area, if needed, and the Main Storage area.
4. The building width and length shall be measured from outside to outside face of the sidewall
5. The eave height shall be measured from the bottom of the base channel to the intersection of
the lines representing the inside of wall covering and the roof covering.
6. Clear wall height shall be 16’-0” minimum.
7. The building shall be water and weather tight.
8. The building frame shall be plumb and in-line to the specified spacing by the manufacturer’s
9. Purlins and girts shall be plumb and to the spacing specified by the manufacturer’s specification.