Attachment #3 – QQ-01765
Detailed Scope of Work
Page 4 of 13
Clearing & Grubbing:
All vegetation and debris within the limits of construction, except as designated to remain, shall
be cleared, grubbed, removed, and disposed of. All vegetation and objects to remain shall be
Demolish and remove the entire existing barn building including the concrete slab, the existing
foundation wall and footings, if any.
Support the cut, if necessary to avoid slope failures. Any damage to the slope and the cut is the
responsibility of the contractor.
All construction derbies may be placed in containers and removed from the site. The dump
fees are waived on county projects.
1. All construction equipments shall be secured locked and grounded after each work day.
2. Provide the Project Manager with a list of all construction equipment that remain on site at each
Foundation and wing Walls:
1. The foundation and wing walls shall be constructed per the approved engineered drawing/s.
2. The walls shall be designed to support the lateral earth pressure from the soil and the surcharge
from the new parking lot and driveway along the length of the walls (depending on the location
of the walls). The wall shall also support all reactions from the steel frames supplied by the steel
3. Provide water proofing behind the foundation and foundation wing walls.
4. Provide minimum 12” of gravel behind the walls.
5. Provide draintile along the length of the walls, day light the ends to proper designated drainage
areas away from the building.
6. Provide guardrail to the height and at locations as required by IBC 2009 and approved plans.
1. Guardrail shall be provided, on top of the wall where there is an elevation difference of greater
2. The guardrail height shall be 42” minimum.
3. The guardrail shall be made of pressure treated, SYP #2 or better.
4. The posts shall be 6x6 pressure treated @ 5’-0” o.c maximum.
5. The top rail shall be 2x6 minimum applied flat, SYP #1 or better. The edges of the top rail shall
be rounded and smooth without splinters.
6. The top surface shall be smooth and without checks and splinters.
7. The balusters shall be 2x2 pressure treated at 4” O.C. maximum.
8. The side rails shall be 2x4, applied flat, pressure treated #2 minimum.
9. All connections shall be stainless steel or hot dipped galvanized except for ½” or larger bolts.
Applicable Codes and Standards:
1. The building and its components shall comply with USBC 2009, and all referenced codes and
standards as amended.
2. All Concrete work shall comply with latest applicable, adopted and referenced ACI 350 code.
3. All Masonry work shall comply with latest applicable, adopted and referenced ACI 530 code.