Attachment #3 – QQ-01765
Detailed Scope of Work
Page 3 of 13
shall be sealed and signed by the design engineer registered in the Common Wealth of VA.
These plans shall be submitted along with Architectural plans, prepared by the owner, and the
sealed and signed manufacturer’s erection drawings and calculations plans, the electrical plans
signed by licensed electrician or certified as directed by the Building and Land Development,
mechanical plans signed by licensed mechanical contractor or certified as directed by the
Building and Land Development, and the plumbing plans signed by licensed plumbing
contractor or certified as directed by the Building and Land Development, to the Loudoun
County Department of Land and Building Development to obtain the building permit by GC. It
is the responsibility of the engineer of the record to verify that the loading criteria
defined on the order document is adequate and modify as needed.
9. The floor slab shall be placed over properly compacted subgrade with required thickness of
gravel base with Poly Vapor Barrier and perimeter insulation as shown on the plans. The
surface of the slab shall be sloped to drain outward at the bay garage doors.
10. Provide rigid insulation under the slab 2’-0” wide minimum to meet the minimum R-10
11. The thickness of the storage slab and the location of the control joints shall be per engineer’s
12. The finished surface of the slab shall be hard, smooth, skid resistant concrete on areas that are
not to be covered.
13. A portion of the slab labeled as “Lift area” is to be designed as a heavy duty reinforced
concrete slab suitable for industrial use is required (shown on the building plans as the “lift
area”). The slab shall be designed to support the weight of the lift plus 12,000 lb. the lift is
supported at four (4) points. Each leg of the lift is welded to a, provided, 4”x6” plates and to be
attached to slab with 2 bolts. The exact dimensions and the full weight shall be furnished to the
contractor and engineer prior to preparation of the design.
Note: MEP plans and permit, except for Plumbing Ground work, may be submitted to Loudoun
County at a later time, if permitted by Building Development Department. GC or
contractor to allow time to obtain all permits.
14. Drawings on all electrical systems including light fixtures, electrical panel board, wiring,
transformers, and circuiting, grounding, exhaust fans, powered roof fans and Carbon monoxide
exhaust systems shall be prepared and signed by a licensed electrical contractor or certified as
required by the Building Development. Prior owner’s approval is required.
15. Drawings on all Mechanical systems, HVAC system, and ventilation system shall be prepared
and signed by a licensed mechanical contractor or certified as required by the Building
Development. Prior owner’s approval is required.
16. Drawings on all plumbing systems, riser diagrams, pipe connections and sizes, materials and
fixtures color and specifications shall be prepared and signed by a licensed plumbing
contractor or certified as required by the Building Development. Prior owner’s approval is
17. Coordinate all MEP plans with the Architectural and manufacturer’s plans.
All site/grading and erosion and sediment control device placement shall be in accordance with
the approved lot grading plans, and all applicable codes adopted and enforced by Loudoun