Detailed Construction Scope of Work Template
Attachment 3 – Detailed Scope of Work
Construction of the New Franklin Park Storage Building
Page 1 of 13
General Contractor (GC) or the Sub-Contractor as designated by the GC is Responsible to:
1. Locate all underground utilities and their depth and location prior to start of work. All private utilities
shall be traced and marked prior to any removal or demolition of work. A pre-demolition meeting
shall be held with the Park Manager and the owner or the owner’s representative once all utilities
have been located, prior to any removal or re-routing of utilities and start of work.
2. Call Miss Utility and provide a final copy of the “ok’d” paper work to owner.
3. To provide temporary utilities on site, managing personnel on site, providing site surveying,
disposing of construction waste, monitoring schedules and cash flows, and maintaining accurate
4. Employ engineering services to design the foundation, slab and wing walls for the pre-engineered
5. Verify all measurements as indicated on the approved site plan, architectural drawings (prepared
by the owner), foundation wall drawings (prepared by the design engineer), and the erection
drawings as designed and instructed by the manufacturer. The contractor to notify the owner,
engineer, and the manufacturer with any discrepancies immediately.
6. Fence off the construction area with 6’ temporary construction fence to prevent access during
construction and after the close of the day.
7. Provide erosion and sediment control devices per approved site amendment plan (SPAM).
8. The GC to select a Pre-Engineered metal building manufacturer, which meets or exceeds the
required qualifications as stated under the “Building Manufacturer and erector”, and present the
best fit and price based on the preliminary design drawings submitted. The selections and the price
list shall be presented to owner for their approval prior to purchase. The metal building shall
comply with or exceed the requirements under the heading “Design Requirement for the Metal
9. The contractor is responsible to furnish all required materials, labors, equipment, and tools to
perform all operations necessary to fabricate, erect and construct a prefabricated steel building, all
primary and secondary structural framing members, bolted connections, roof and wall coverings,
louvers, roll-up and swinging doors, flashings, fasteners, closures, sealers and other items as
specified by the contract drawings, manufacturer’s requirements, and specifications.
10. The contractor is responsible to order the pre-fabricated metal building and the building material at
the earliest possible time to allow for preparation, submittal, and acceptance of the shop drawings
by the owner and preparation of the foundation plan by the design engineer.
11. To manage a team of specialized, licensed and qualified sub-contractors.
12. It is the responsibility of the GC to ensure all fabricated materials meet the requirements of the
accepted and approved shop drawings and they are true and straight. All materials shall be
protected from damage during delivery, storage and installation.
13. Materials shall be installed in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Care shall be
used in assembling to avoid bumping, twisting, dropping, or otherwise damaging the materials.
14. The contractor shall not remove any excess (unused) construction material from the site without
the owner’s approval. The owner shall be reimbursed for the unused construction material or keep
the material onsite.
15. The general contractor is responsible to keep a clean and safe construction area at the end of
each work day.
The contractor is responsible to obtain information from the regulatory agencies in Loudoun
County for all and any other required permits not listed below. A copy of the required permits shall
be submitted to the owner within 24 hours of obtaining such permits.
Detailed Construction Scope of Work Template PDF
Favor this template? Just fancy it by voting!
2 Page(s) | 3591 Views | 117 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 2356 Views | 159 Downloads
4 Page(s) | 4891 Views | 104 Downloads
1 Page(s) | 14153 Views | 2664 Downloads
2 Page(s) | 4157 Views | 296 Downloads