3. Do you want an afternoon or evening wedding? Formal or informal?
4. Do you want traditional reception (i.e. recei ving line, toasts, first dance, garter and bouquet
throwi ng etc.) or just a party?
Do you want a wedding party or just one person to stand up with you? What is the
maximum size of the party? Does the number of bridesmaids have to equal the number of
Do you have a maximum number of guests you will accept?
7. Do you want dancing?
8. Do you want live music or a DJ?
9. Do you want sit down dinner, buffet dinner, or just standing reception?
10. Do you want everyone in one room during the meal or can they be seated in several rooms?
11. Do you want kids at the wedding? How do you envision their participation – hanging out
wi th their parents or separate entertai nment provided for them?
12. What kind of setting do you want: mansion, gardens, hotel, on the water?
13. Who do you want to perform the ceremony?
14. Where to you want the ceremony, church or reception site?
15. How far from the recepti on to the wedding site will you accept?
16. If you live in a large city, how far from the city will you accept as the site?
17. What is the maximum you want to pay for the site rental?
18. What is the maximum you want to pay for the wedding?
Wedding Plans at a Glance
Writt en by Kas Winters, Bride's Do-I t-Yourself Wedding P lanner