FC-56 (revised November 2014) Page 1 of 3
STATE OF RHODE ISLAND AND PROVIDENCE PLANTATIONS
FOR DIVORCE FOR DIVORCE FRO M BED AND BOARD
Murray Judicial Complex
45 Washington Square
Newport, Rhode Island 02840-2913
McGrath Judicial Complex
4800 Tower Hill Road
Wakefield, Rhode Island 02879-2239
Garrahy Judicial Complex
One Dorrance Plaza
Providence, Rhode Island 02903-2719
1. The Plaintiff, _______________________________, of __________________________
(city or town), in the County of __________________________, states that the Plaintiff has
been a domiciled inhabitant of Rhode Island and has resided therein for more than one (1)
year next before filing this Complaint and is now a domiciled inhabitant of Rhode Island.
2. Upon information and belief, the Defendant resides in the city or town of
__________________________ in the State of __________________________ and has
resided in that state for _____ years next before filing this Complaint.
3. The Plaintiff states that the Plaintiff was lawfully married to the Defendant in the State of
__________________________ on the _____ day of ______________________, ________.
4. The ground(s) for divorce is as follows: __________________________________________
5. The minor children, if any, of the parties are set forth in the Statement Listing Children
attached hereto as Attachment ____ to this Complaint.