● Use this form to apply for Carer’s Credit.
● You will already be getting credits if you get:
– Carer’s Allowance, or
– Child Benefit for a child under the age of 12.
So you don’t need to fill in this form.
● If you are a foster carer and will get National
Insurance Credits from HM Revenue & Customs,
you don’t need to fill in this form.
● Please read the Notes that came in the
application pack before you fill in this form.
● To find out if you might get Carer’s Credit,
answer the questions on page 3 of the Notes.
● The carer or their representative must fill in this
form, not the person being looked after.
● Please write clearly in ink.
● Please answer all the questions that apply to
● If you want help filling in any part of this form,
or need an application pack in large print or
Braille, you can ring us on 0345 608 4321.
● If you have speech or hearing difficulties, you
can contact us by textphone on 0345 604 5312.
Our textphone service does not receive
messages from mobile phones.
● If you live in Wales and would like us to contact
you in Welsh, please tick this box.
Calls to 0345 numbers cost no more than a standard
geographic call, and count towards any free or inclusive
minutes in your landline or mobile phone contract.