This report is to be researched by you using the Internet, books, or
encyclopedias. The information is to be well written and organized. You will be
presenting this information to the class along with photographs, pictures, and
drawings. You must make this a 5
grade project and use correct grammar,
punctuation and word choice! This report should be your very best work- something
that you are proud of!! Good luck and happy researching.
Oh no! A research project! I don’t know where to begin!
Researching an animal is easier than you think. Just follow these easy steps!
1. The first step is choosing an animal, which you already have done.
2. The next step is to find out what you need to include in your report. Simple,
just follow the format that the teacher has given you. Look for the
information in all sorts of places: encyclopedias, books, magazines, and the
3. Copy the information down on index cards with the titles of each section
labeled on the top.
4. Organize the information into paragraphs using good word choices and
correct punctuation. (Do not use the exact words and sentences written
because that is illegal. It is called plagiarizing!!)
5. Next, you should type your report in the order the teacher asks. If you are
not sure, then ask for more direction.
6. Save, print and READ your report. Make any changes, and then have
someone else read your report and ask them for their opinion of changes you
7. Revise and edit your report and save it again.
8. Print your report and put it in a nice folder to hand in on the day it is due.