5 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
• meet with the mom-to-be for coffee
• decide on a convenient date and time for her
• jot down a list of her favorite foods (to give you ideas for planning the baby shower menu )
• find out if she is registered at any baby stores
• find out the gender of the baby (if known) & any nursery themes or colors (this will give you
some baby shower decorating ideas ) Also ask if she wants a theme for the shower.
4 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
• if friends or family members are helping, ask what they would like to be in charge of
• choose and address the baby shower invitations
• plan the menu (yummy goodies such as appetizers, punch, snacks, etc.)
3 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
• decide on a cute baby shower cake (either one to make or have ordered)
• send out invitations pick out a few fun baby shower games to play
2 Weeks Before The Baby Shower
• choose decorations to coordinate with the overall baby shower theme
• finalize games and prizes - gather or shop for needed items
• shop for cute baby shower cups, plates, napkins, etc.
1 Week Before The Baby Shower
• order cake
• order catering or shop for menu items
• make reservations (if at a restaurant)
• touch base with helpers
• pick up your baby shower gift to baby along with card and gift bag
Day Of The Baby Shower
• pick-up a bundle of colorful helium balloons
• decorate for the big event
• set-up chairs
• have helpers arrive early to bring food, help decorate, etc.
• pick-up cake (unless you made it yourself)
• make punch
• tie-up any last minute details
Below are some simple and sweet little gestures to make the new mommy feel extra special
at her baby shower
• Have a big comfy chair waiting for her to sit in.
• Ask someone if they can jot down who all of the gifts are from.
• Pre-address some thank-you cards for her, to make writing thank yous a snap
• Don't let mom carry any presents to her car - round up the shower gang to do the lifting!
• Have a cute gift basket for the mom-to-be full of slippers, bubble bath, candles & a soothing CD.
• Big brothers and sisters may be feeling a little left out. Treat them to a basket full of books,
crayons and bubbles!
Baby Shower Checklist