This Apprenticeship Agreement is made between ____________________ (“Company”) whose
address is _______________________________________ and Apprentice’s name
(“Apprentice”) who currently resides at: _______________________________________.
1. Description of Work
The Apprentice seeks an on-site training and mentoring program with the Company to gain
valuable information and hands-on learning about the business and unique cooking methods of
barbecue. Specifically, the Apprentice will receive:
• Food safety and handling requirements,
• Organization and cleanliness in a restaurant environment,
• Various methods of food service,
• Techniques for marketing of a barbecue business,
• Personal interaction with a barbecue pitmaster in a working environment,
• Meat qualities, smoking methods and development of unique flavor profiles,
• Participation in the day-to-day working operation of a busy restaurant,
• Portion control,
• Administration and staffing of a barbecue business, and
• Purchasing and inventory control.
2. Performance Measures
The Company agrees to create an educational environment for the Apprentice by:
• Sharing specific how-to instruction on how to create a unique barbecue experience,
• How to create a positive customer experience with olfactory, visual and auditory cues, and
• Discussing specific business model ideas for a barbecue business including, but not limited
to, the administrative set up, operations, marketing and tracking of sales and expenses.
In return for the on-site training and mentoring, the Apprentice agrees to:
• Arrive on time and be willing to work during the hours outlined,
• Adhere to the dress code set forth by the Company,
• Conduct duties with enthusiasm and professionalism,
• Act responsibly and with appropriate care around kitchen equipment, machinery,
customers, Company staff, barbecue pits and any other equipment, decorations or
furniture related to the Company’s business, and
• Accept constructive instruction and guidance/advice from the Company.