Welcome Message Guidelines
Your Welcome Message is your first-online-impression to your customers. It is an opportunity to
proactively open up a new channel of communication that is convenient and cost-effective. For
this reason we have put together guidelines to make your Welcome Message a positive
experience for your customers, while also staying in compliance with federal and state
Welcome Message Objective
1) To introduce your customers to email communication and the benefits of receiving email from
2) To openly state what kind of information you want to send them via email (receive special offers,
newsletters, information, discounts, etc.)
3) To let your customers know you respect their online privacy and offer them an opportunity to opt
out from receiving future email from your company/organization.
4) To verify the deliverability of each email address.
1) A from: line in the email message that clearly states your company/organization name.
2) A subject: line that is relevant to the subject matter of the message. You want to grab your
customers attention, but in a way that is not misleading or deceptive.
3) A clear statement as to how to opt-out from receiving future email. Anchor will host an
unsubscribe link that will appear at the bottom of your message and will allow your customers an
easy method of opting-out from future email communication.
4) Your company/organizations postal address must appear at the bottom of the message.
1) An introductory statement that clearly expresses why you are contacting the customer (see
sample message below).
2) State a clear benefit that motivates the recipient to continue receiving your emails. Customers are
more likely to welcome a message that seems relevant and offers value.
3) Keep the message brief. If you need to go into more detail on something, you can offer a link to
your website or special offers page.
4) A statement that expresses that you do not share their information with other
companies/organizations. This will maintain a sense of integrity between you and your customers.