Efektivní komunikace – cesta k úspěchu
Modul – Písemná elektronická komunikace – anglický jazyk
A FRIENDLY LETTER - INTRODUCTION
A friendly letter is an informal letter, it is usually sent to our friends or relatives.
Here are a few tips for writing it:
● There are many uses and reasons for writing a friendly letter, but usually friendly
letters will consist of topics on a personal level.
● Friendly letters can either be printed or hand-written.
● Friendly letter is typically less formal than a business letter.
● Usually the first paragraph of the body consists of an introduction which gives the
recipient an idea about you're writing to them with a short summary of the main topic
of your letter.
● If you don't know the person you are writing to, you may want to introduce yourself in
this introductory paragraph as well.
● The next few paragraphs usually consist of the message you want to get across along
with any details you may want to express.
● The last paragraph is usually the conclusion where you sum up your main idea, thank
the recipient for his/her time, wish the recipient well, and/or ask any questions.
● Since friendly letters are less formal, you can feel free to write it however you like, but
the above format is fairly common.