“12 Month Wedding 12 Month Wedding Checklist”
99 -- 12 Months Before12 Months Before
• Select a wedding date.
• Formally announce your engagement by introducing both families.
• Set a preliminary budget.
• Reserve Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa for the ceremony and
reception and send a deposit.
• Interview and select a Professional Wedding Coordinator.
• Take your engagement photo and submit it to the local newspaper.
• Decide whom you would like in your wedding party and ask each person to
• Purchase bridal magazines and start a “Wedding File.” Collect tear sheets of
dresses, flowers, etc.
• Purchase a notebook to store your wedding information.
• Research, if applicable, premarital counseling and sign up for the appropriate
• Create a save-the-date guest list. Alphabetize your list and include each guest’s
street address, city, state and zip code. (Be sure to use the proper salutation:
Ms., Miss, Mrs., Mr., Mr. & Mrs. or Dr.)
8 Months Before8 Months Before
• Schedule appointments at bridal salons and begin shopping for a dress. Don’t
forget to bring a pair of stockings, a strapless bra, shoes and a hair clip to each
• Set a preliminary guest list. Be sure to get your parents’ guest list.
• Order save-the-date cards, if applicable. The information on the cards should
include: Hyatt Regency’s address and rate (with directions and phone numbers),
your wedding date, time and location.
• Determine your wedding theme, style and color scheme.
• Interview and select a band and/or DJ.
• Interview and select a videographer.
• Interview and select a photographer.
• Begin registering for wedding gifts.
• Begin a health/fitness routine.